Warning: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/coheart/public_html/articles/header.php on line 111
Notice: Undefined variable: indexpage in /home/coheart/public_html/articles/header.php on line 111
Click here to return to article list page
by: Helena Ray
- We all say and think we are goanna eat right, however these days don't seem to last to long because its obvious greasy fatty foods taste good. Are they body smart? No, so these foods should be enjoyed in small quantities.
if you eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, lean meat and fish, whole grains) you can spare a day of eating your greasy fatty foods. A good suggestion is eating healthy on a consistent basis whether you have a weight problem or not can help you live a longer happier life and possible rid your body of the latent affects from your pat diet.
- FASTING FOR A HEALTHIER MACHINE:
In order to cut down on the aging process of our body it is a good idea to fast at least 1-2 times a year if not more. Why? Over time, toxins build up in the body as the result of the pollutants in the air we breath, the chemicals in the water and food we consume. Your body releases these toxins that store in the tissues and enters the bloodstream causing the body to feel a low energy. During this time you may suffer From headaches, diarrhea, or depression. HAVE YOU EVER FELT REAL TIRED? Chances are this is because your body is trying to rid toxins from the body, however if your taking in more toxins everyday. How will your body ever catch up and how many years do you think your taking off your age? It's like a clogged drain or a car that is not being serviced. When you fast your giving your body a vacation. Now, the body can use its extra energy and the live enzymes your consuming in juice form to cleanse your organs. Just hearing that makes it worth it. Fasting is an effective and safe method of helping the body to detoxify itself and is recommended for any illness, as its gives the body the rest it needs to recover. During a fast the following happens:
- The reduction of total body toxicity.
- The energy usually used for digestion is redirected to immune function, cell growth, and eliminatory processes.
- The immune system's workload is greatly reduced, and the digestive tract can take a break.
- White blood cells are moved more efficiently and oxygenation is increased.
- Fat-stored chemicals, such as pesticides and drugs, are released.
- Physical awareness and sensitivity is increased.
- Fasting can help you heal with greater speed, cleanse your liver, kidneys, and colon, purify your blood, help you lose excess weight and water, flush out toxins, clear eyes and tongue with breath.
- Ok, you want to know how to fast and of course how many days you need to do this? It is recommended that you fast at least three days a month and follow a ten day fast twice a year.
To prepare for fast eat raw vegetables (not cooked) and fruits for two days. This will make the fast less of a shock to the system. Third day start with 8-- eight ounces of filtered warm water mixed with ¾ juice. This could be any juice except orange and tomato juice. One of the best juices to use is fresh lemon juice Add the juice of one lemon to a cup of warm water. Fresh apples, beets, cabbage, carrots, celery, wheatgrass and grape juices are also real good.
Greens are also good to juice. The green drinks are good for ulcers and cancer, and all colon problems. Please, do not combine fruit and vegetable juices. Only apples can be mixed with vegetables. Herbal teas may be consumed during fast and on raw food days.
Follow the juice fast for 3-5 days followed with two more days of fresh fruits and vegetables (not cooked). The desired effects of the fast can be ruined by eating foods immediately after-ward. Because both size of stomach and the amount of secreted digestive juices may decrease during fasting. Meals after these next two days should be should be healthy, frequent, and small.
Certain programs are great for reducing weight and living a healthier lifestyle. The Atkins diet is one of our favorite's. A selection of protein, fat and you consume carbohydrates in moderation. Weight Watchers is another wonderful program that teaches you how to eat and control portion size.
- There are many good books on the market today. Here are a few we found to be exceptional; The Zone Diet, The Atkins Diet, Protein Power by, Michael and Mary Eades, M.D., Get Skinny and Sommersize by, Suzanne Somers, and Body For Life by, Bill Phillips. These diets incorporate eating healthy and most of all results. On January 1, 1998, editors of the prestigious new England journal of medicine presented what was either a gift or a curse to the medically informed public: they came out and said losing weight was so difficult and nearly impossible. Calling that goal "an ill-fated new year's resolution, "they went on to editorialize that 30 billion to 50 billion dollars is wasted per year on weight loss efforts of all kinds, and that the "dark side" of dieting includes guilt and self hatred, the physical dangers of diet drugs, and an increased risk of eating disorders.
- Thousands and thousands of people have dieted their entire lives and remain overweight. The question is couldn't we all be thin if we just had enough willpower?
Scientists have stated it's your genetic make up that causes weight problems or even health problems but we must try to eat healthy and try to prevent these health problems. Just recently the nation realized our pyramided of food is a little off. Too many carbohydrates 6-12 servings is too much and can cause our weight to increase.
- Finding a healthy balance is the key to success in your own personal journey to vitality at any age. Try to avoid a lot of the diet pills on the market today they are very high in ephedrine and Mau Wang. These herbs in high doses can cause slowing of the metabolism after discontinuing the product. Also it drains your glandular system. The best way to lose weight is eat healthy and of course only eat when hungry. Make a choice am i hungry or thirsty? And if you are hungry your second choice is what do i want to put in my machine (body) to make it work to its optimum level.
The more positive changes you make in your life and the faster you make them, the faster you'll improve your health. If you elevate your awareness and please, don't be afraid to talk to your inner self. You are and will be your own true inspiration. When the changes are made over time suddenly one day you'll look in the mirror and feel more in control about you, your health, and your environment. Then you can begin to teach others. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten yourself and remember the mind is like a parachute it only works when its open.
DID YOU KNOW??
- The principal point to remember with regard to diet is to eat only enough food to restore the "fuel" consumed by the body. For example: we tend to eat too many big meals. bigger meals are hard for the body to digest and we tend to eat more if we eat too quickly. Most people would be better off eating smaller amounts more often.
- Merely eating to satisfy one's lust for good food is both foolish and dangerous to one's health. We all know we might over due it occasionally but not consistently is key!! The amount of food is important depending on one's occupation. It is not reasonable to conclude that the sedentary indoor worker requires the same proportion of food as a laborer who is engaged in hard manual work. Heavy eating followed immediately by sitting, or even lying down awake or asleep is comparable to over-loading the firebox with coal.
Skipping meals is unhealthy. It makes you too hungry for the next meal. Then you over load your furnace we need to eat three small meals everyday and healthy snacks. An example of some healthy snacks are: Fresh juice, fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, protein shakes and if your going to have a snack high in fat or sugar on occasion have only a little, don't overdue so your body can digest properly! Always allow yourself enough time to eat, and eat slowly. This gives your body time to "feel full" and reduces the tendency to over eat.
- The fitness industry makes more money right after the holidays then any other time of year. Everyone has his or her so called New Years Resolution. What if we kept our resolution all year? Not only to lose weight but to feel healthy and be a model for your friends and loved ones. Prevent havoc on our bodies by making select choices. Were not saying this is easy. We know all of us needs a day or two here and they're to splurge...just in moderation. We live in a century where everything is convenience. Fast food is the number one convenience because most people are so tired when leaving work they don't want to think about what to eat.
- Discipline is key! Cook your healthy foods in advance and if all else fails and you order take out have a list of healthy restaurants and healthy foods you can order so you're not tempted to order something unhealthy.
- When children are growing up they look to their parents for mostly everything including your eating habits. If they hear or see you having a struggle with food chances are they will have the same mental thought towards food when they become adults. The circle keeps revolving, the constant battle for us to eat right.
Remember your children will always do what you do this is sometimes what is linked to eating disorders also it is our society influencing our children that the only way you will be liked or become popular is if you're a certain weight. Fortunately educated parents like you can aid in stopping these disorders by teaching your children that food is not the enemy!
Drinking filtered water is very important. Water flushes impurities out of your system. When drinking a lot of filtered water you will see a natural glow come upon your skin this is because it flushes toxins out of the body. However, drinking high levels of water during your meal can cause gastric juices to dilute and in a result of causing improper digestion. Drinking water all day but avoid about 30 min before meal 1 hr after meal. (This is only if you drink more than a glass of water with your meal).
- Finding a healthy balance is the key to success in your own personal journey to viatality at any age. The more positive changes you make in your life and the faster you make them, the faster you'll improve your health. Finding a healthy balance is the key to success in your own personal journey to vitality at any age. The more positive changes you make in your life and the faster you make them, the faster you'll improve your health.
If you elevate your awareness and please, don't be afraid to talk to yourself. You are and will be your own true inspiration. When the changes are made over time suddenly one day you'll look in the mirror and feel more in control about you, your health, and your environment. Then you can begin to teach others. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten yourself and remember the mind is like a parachute it only works when its open.
About the Author
Helena Ray is the creator of Convictions of the Heart (www.convictionsoftheheart.com), a website dedicated to helping people become aware of the current environmental problems and the personal effects on your health. Convictions of the Heart supports all green merchants and offers a variety of environmentally friendly products, all natural products, and whole foods.